Your time and talent are valuable resources. Annually, volunteers give us more than 4,500 hours of time. Volunteering with the Carver Center can prove that time alone can help change someone’s life. At the Carver Center, a community comes together and, day by day, changes the lives of so many of our Port Chester residents.
We rely on volunteers to help us with a variety of projects. We need people like you to help in our Carver Market, assist at our After School Programs, help serve Seniors at our monthly breakfast, assist during our summer programming or lend a hand at one of our special events.
Most volunteer opportunities are 3-4 hours and we welcome a one-time or on going commitment. We need volunteers during the week and on Saturdays, whatever is convenient for you.
We have opportunities for corporate, community and school groups. We also offer options for individuals, and families who want to volunteer together. All of our volunteers must be 16 year of age or older.
Ways You Can Help
– Support our MARKET with a donation of food as our needs are constant!
Click here for a list of our most needed items!
– Volunteers are needed for the following shifts:
– Saturday: 11:00am – 3:00pm
– One-On-One Tutoring: Tutors with appropriate educational and/or related work experience are needed to assist kids with English, math, and writing. Must commit to at least 6 consecutive weeks of tutoring.
– Teaching an Enrichment Class: We welcome a wide variety of classes and experiences for our children – art, music, dance, martial arts, etc. Instructors with appropriate experience must commit to at least 6 consecutive weeks of instruction.
John F. Kennedy Magnet School, 10 Olivia St., Port Chester
from September to June, 8:00 -11:00am. Volunteers are needed to cook, serve, cleanup and interact!
– All volunteers must be at least 16 and must commit to at least 2 consecutive weeks.
– Applications will be accepted from April 1, 2019 to June 1, 2019
– Run a food drive.
– Organize an art supply/school supply drive.